Guest Blog, Ilga Leimanis: Former CSM Short Course students invited to contribute to book

I was invited to write three chapters / workshops for a new book, Creative Sketching Workshop, by Pete Scully, published in October. It is a great new book of 20 workshops packed with different exercises to try out.

Creative Sketching Workshop: Inspiration, Tips and Exercises for Sketching on the Move by Peter Scully

There are a total of 12 contributors from around the world: Virginia HeinJames HobbsNina Johansson, Ilga Leimanis, Kumi MatsukawaShiho NakazaMelaine ReimRita SablerLiz SteelPaul WangSamantha Zaza and the author Pete Scully.

In addition to these contributors, there are also many other guest artists whose beautiful artworks are included. This 176-page paperback is packed with inspiration and insights.

My three workshops are: Architecture, Portraits at Home and Pets and Animals. In addition to my own sketches (alone and as Ortelius Drew), I also asked others, including some of my former CSM students, to contribute their drawings to these chapters. From my courses, Portfolio Sketchbook, Total Drawing (Online), Drawing Portfolio – Daytime and Bespoke Training, the following of my former students contributed

Tim BaynesPortfolio Sketchbook

Sandra Cox – Total Drawing (Online)

Gazala Haq – Drawing Portfolio – Daytime

Loretta McGregor – Bespoke Training

Ana Peigneux Ortega – Drawing Portfolio – Daytime

Ignacia RuizTotal Drawing and now my colleague

Felix Siew – Drawing Portfolio – Daytime

Portraits at Home
Portraits at Home

Fellow short course tutors John Booth and Simon Foxall also contributed to my chapters.

Contrasting Colours - Creating Sketching Workshop
Contrasting Colours – Creating Sketching Workshop

The book is available at Waterstones or Amazon and also many independent bookshops in London.

Thank you to Isheeta Mustafi of RotoVision Books and Pete Scully for asking me to be one of the contributors to this book which was a wonderful new experience!

Ilga Leimanis

www.ilgaleimanis.com
www.orteliusdrew.com